In Unity, we affirm the divinity within each child, and seek to encourage their awareness and expression of the Christ light within them.
Our Sunday morning children and teen blessing reflects our commitment to unconditional love and the spiritual empowerment of our youth:
"God loves you and accepts you just the way you are,
and we love you and accept you just the way you are."
What Unity Teaches Our Children: Six Basic Truths
1) God is love, the only true power, always present in everyone and everything.
2) We are all children of God, created by God in God's image for the purpose of expressing divine love.
3) Jesus Christ is God's perfect expression of divine love for humankind, expressed through a man.
4) The same Spirit that lives in Jesus Christ lives in each one of us, making God's power and love available to us always.
5) We learn about the powerful Spirit of God's love when we talk to God in prayer, when we listen to God in silent meditation, and when we study God's laws in the Bible.
6) We make use of God's power by living in harmony with God's laws, letting the spirit of love direct our every thought, word, and action.