1. See every individual as unique and powerful, with
their own relation to God. They have the power to make anything out of
their life. You are a channel for their good, but not the source. Expect
them to be responsible and capable, and most of all capable of growth and
2. Realize that the most important thing you do is help
grow, within the group framework of providing a service
to the larger community. Look at each person who works for you in the light
of what they want out of life, what they want to learn, what challenges
they seek, and how you can help them face their challenges and win.
3. Respect the emotions and feelings of your people, but
respect the inner needs that they have. Don't lose sight
of your common goal.
4. Respect the vehicle that you have chosen. Run your
according to principles, and communicate those principles
employees and customers. Your greatest communication
is not by
words, but by examples. If you find yourself making decisions
in the moment that are counter to your principles, chances are that you
are being dishonest with yourself, and the decision is bad for the business
and also for the people involved with you.
5. Respect and honor the channels of your good, which
generally your customers and employees. But most of all
and honor the source of your good, which is God within
6. Seek unity in the face of challenges. Seek unity in
thought. Where things seems good and bad, rich and poor,
find the underlying principle and make it your own.
7. Become non-resistant to your good. Don't hang on to
ideas, people, relationships. Don't be so proud of past
decisions that you try to apply them to new situations where they don't
8. Whatever plan you have, God has a bigger one. Keep
an eye out for it. Ray Kroc started franchising McDonalds so he could sell
milkshake machines to the owners. God had a bigger plan. He listened. You
9. Your greatest role as the business owner is to encourage
people to make intelligent decisions and act on them.
You are God's wakeup call for your people. They in turn will remind you
where you need to make decisions and grow.
10. You will be constantly tempted to give away your power
choice and ask others to decide for you. Usually your
justification will be 'to make the right decision and avoid error'. You
should be careful and cautious, but you must make the final decisions,
and you must make your own errors so that you can learn from them.
11. There will always be plenty of people willing to tell
that you are doing it the wrong way. You can shape your
creation with these doubts, but you can only build it on faith. You don't
need to be angry or resist them, just tell them that they can go ruin a
business of their own any time.
12. People will be entering and leaving your consciousness
constantly in the course of your business, as partners,
prospects, customers, and employees. Bless them as they come, and bless
them as they go. They cannot bring you anything that is not rightfully
yours. They cannot take away anything that is rightfully yours.
13. Believe in yourself. Believe in your right to see
a certain way, and present the truth as you see it. If
is clear, and you desire to help the world work with
then you will succeed, make money, and inspire others.