By Nell Taliercio
Working from home is a great way to stay home with your kids
while still supplementing the familyís income. On the
it can be challenging to be mother and employee at the same
time. Your stress level will rise quickly when you have
deadlines to keep or phone calls to make while your little
are acting out. Implement a few of the ideas below to prevent
Work at Home Mom Burnout.
1. Donít work more than you have to. Money isnít everything.
You family needs a happy and sane mom.
2. Create a schedule or to-do list both for work and your
personal life. Just realize that you wonít always get
everything done and donít worry if you donít. Thereís always
3. Designate an errand day. Spend one day a week running
town getting everything done for the week. This is when you
grocery shop, drop things off at the drycleaner, go to the
office and anything else you need to do.
4. Enjoy your kids. Take some time to play with them every
Have a picnic lunch in the yard, take them on a little field
trip or just play catch for a while. Youíre a work at home mom
because you want to spend time with your kids. Work and house
chores can wait while you play.
5. Go out on a date with your spouse. Make date night a
occurrence and connect with your lover.
6. Have lunch with a girlfriend. We need some adult
conversation every now and then. Make time to stay in touch
with your friends.
7. Call a friend. If you are having a bad day, call a good
friend and just talk for a little while. Youíll be relaxed and
rejuvenated when you get back.
8. Get some exercise. Go for a walk, join a gym, or try a
Pilateís class. Exercise will not only keep you in shape, itís
also a great de-stressor.
9. Play some upbeat music and dance around the living room.
cares if your kids and the neighbors think youíve lost it? You
are having fun and are releasing all that build up physical
10. If you own a business, stick to one until it more or less
runs itself. Donít burn yourself out by trying to run several
businesses at the same time.
Start implementing a few of these ideas today and watch your
stress level go down. You will prevent work at home mom
and get to enjoy life more. Your family will appreciate
time with a fun and relaxed mom. Thatís what itís all about Ė
spending quality time with your family
About The Author: Nell Taliercio is the owner and founder of
www.TelecommutingMoms.com Ė which is a leading resource
website with work at home jobs and everything a telecommuting
mom would need. Come visit us today!