By Sintilia Miecevole
Out of all the home improvement projects, few can provide the
benefits of a bathroom remodeling project. Remodeling the
bathroom is a great way to add real value to your home. On the
plus side of that, it will increase the enjoyment level of
yourself and your family.
There are a number of things to consider before undertaking
such a major project. They are:
1. Keep your eye on the ball. It is important to see the
bathroom remodeling project as a whole project. Even though
there are many small hurdles to tackle, it is important to see
the project as a whole.
2. No remodeling project can be successful without a realistic
budget. Take the time to draw up an honest budget, and try
best to stick to it.
3. Get a reliable contractor. For most people, remodeling the
bathroom is not a do it yourself project. It is important to
find a contractor who has experience with plumbing and
4. Get a detailed inspection of your bathroom done before you
start. A good idea would be to have a plumber inspect your
bathroom for leaks and other problems before you start.
5. Now is your chance to be more energy efficient. Chances are
you will be able to save money in the long run by installing
low flow toilets, water saving showerheads and other energy
6. Stay organized. Proper organization is essential to a
successful bathroom remodeling project. Use a calendar to keep
track of important deadlines, and remain organized as you go
7. Draw your proposed bathroom design. If you want a larger
bathtub, or even a jettub, be sure to draw it out and make
you have enough space. There is also software where you can
input your design including fixtures, furniture, flooring and
more. Either way works great.
8. Storage space is at a premium in many modern bathrooms. See
if you can remodel to gain more cabinet and storage space.
9. Be sure to shop around for what you need in order to get
best price. The prices on the same fixtures can vary quite a
10. A fresh coat of paint can make a huge difference when
remodeling the bathroom, but many people fail to take this
important and inexpensive step.
I also suggest that you go out and have fun looking at the
bathrooms in show homes. They have all of the latest trends in
the marketplace and will save you much time and effort in
trying to come up with ideas yourself. This would be a great
aid in the placement of fixtures and you can see, for example
how important cupboards and storage are. The main thing to
remember is have fun and enjoy the project and your new
About The Author: Sintilia Miecevole loves doing renovations.
www.ofbathrooms.com provides information from
www.ofbathrooms.com, bathroom accessories, bathroom
colors and bathroom design to bathroom storage and more. Be
sure to visit soon www.ofbathrooms.com for further