By Robert Michael
If you enjoy fishing here is some great information on popular
fish, both fresh water as well as saltwater.
1. Trout: This is a very delicious fish. Because trout are
considered a predator in their environment is important to
leave plenty of them behind. They come in several different
varieties including: Brown, Rainbow, Brook and Lake Trout.
2. Bass: This is probably one of the most popular fish in
America. While belonging to the Sunfish family come in several
different varieties including largemouth, white, and
3. Pike: Pike are also known as northern and have very sharp
teeth and a surly attitude. They prefer the weedy shallows and
wait to ambush their food. They are never in a hurry to
4. Walleye: Walleye is one the best tasting fish of all. They
often can be found in schools located near drop-off. Fishing
for walleye is challenging but lots of fun.
5. Panfish: Panfish are especially fun and often quite easy to
catch. They taste good at a very easy to catch. Different
varieties of Panfish include: Bluegill, white crappie, black
crappie, and Sunfish.
1. Bluefish: These fish can be very strong fighters but the
same time are not that hard to catch. If you are looking for a
fight this can be an exciting finish. They tasted too when
2. Striped bass: This can be a difficult fish to catch. They
are finicky about what they strike on and when. When fishing
for striped bass you might try using bait fish such as bunker
or herring. Spoons and plugs also well work well on a fly rod.
3. Cod: this is probably one of the most important commercial
fish. Cod can be caught in cold months. These fish often weigh
more than 30 pounds and so you will need some heavy line.
4. Flounder: Flounder is another Sunfish to catch that taste
very good. If you have a small boat and a fish finding unit
will have a great time.
5. Redfish: Redfish are also called channel bass or red drum.
You can catch redfish from New Jersey all the way the Houston.
These fish enjoy shallow water and fight hard.
If you enjoy fishing all of the above fish provide great
opportunities for a day of fun and good food.
About The Author: Robert Michael is a writer for Fishing Niche
which is an excellent place to find fishing links, resources
and articles. For more information go to: