By Paul Graham
Putting mirrors in your house can do wonders, especially if
have limited space, or you just want to decorate your home.
mirrors? Because mirrors enhance light and reflection, they
could help improve what your house looks like. Mirrors can
simulate depth for houses with small rooms.
I. Top 10 Mirror Tips
10. Put large-sized mirrors in your house. You could, for
instance, use mirrors that could span from the floor to the
ceiling. You could put these mirrors on both sides of your
fireplace. This would make your fireplace room larger and
reflect objects around the room.
9. You might want to have peer mirrors in the windows. Rooms
with peer mirrors could have an added depth.
8. You could also install mirrors to cover wall blemishes.
would also save you refinishing costs. Instead of spending
fortunes on repainting and refurnishing that part of the wall
that got burned by candle or have dirt that cannot be removed,
why not put a nice mirror there to hide the wall’s scar?
7. There are also movable mirrors that you could use. You
move the mirrors from time to time to have a different view of
the house. In that way, you could have a new look in your
from time to time, depending on what location and items the
mirrors are reflecting on.
6. You could also use small mirrors which could reflect on
interesting objects. An area with aromatic candles could be
given extra prominence if reflected on a mirror.
5. You could also have mirrored screens for you to illuminate
dark corner. You do not have to put bulbs or lights in every
part of your house, thanks to mirrors. This would save you
4. There are also place mats that are mirrored. Dishes and
accessories made of glass shimmer better than non-glass ones.
Shop around for these utensils.
3. Ceilings could also be enhanced with mirrors. Mirrors on
ceiling create a “skylight” effect.
2. Kitchen backsplash could also be mirrored.
1. Room ceilings are not the only ceilings where you could put
some mirrors on. Even pantry or cabinet ceilings could also be
placed with mirrors. Putting mirrors on these ceilings would
enable you to see the contents of the upper shelves.
II. Mirror Essentials
- You could also have basement windows that could reflect
things happening in the ground level. It could also reflect
what is happening in your yard above.
- Putting big mirrors in rooms, especially which have limited
spaces, can provide bright and spacious feel. Putting some
little plants or shrubs in places where mirrors could reflect
on them. Putting some greenery will give the room an uplifting
and relaxing ambiance.
- Mirrors can also put personality into one’s room. The
mirrors, for example, in the master’s bedroom could be more
formal; while mirrors in the children’s bedroom can be
decorative and fun to look at.
- You could also put a large-sized decorative mirror on a wall
with your picture adjacent on it. The mirror would reflect on
the large picture, and the wall’s additional darker color
immediately give the room its much-needed depth. This would
the room to be viewed wider.
- Decorative mirrors could not just help enhance your rooms
its decoration purposes. But these distinctive mirrors could
also show your personality, putting your personal lifestyle
taste into your room. In addition they also give the illusion
width, length, and height. Decorative mirrors could be
with wall pictures, with contrasting colors.
- While it is also good to use frame mirrors over a sideboard
or mantle since that is the traditional kind of mirror, you
might want to consider other creative approaches such as
putting large-scale mirrors on a floor leaning against the
- Another beautiful way adding shimmer to an otherwise plain
and ordinary table is by putting mirrored table toppers.
- You could ask a professional glass worker to make you some
furniture using mirrors as embellishments.
About The Author: For more great mirrors related articles and
resources check out mirrors.homemanner.com