By Paul Lemberg
Need more business? Who doesnt?
Thankfully, new business is pretty easy to get, but you do
to do something to get it. Usually something you aren't
currently doing. Here are 25 ways you can bring in more
business, and if you do things right, more profits.
These are not long term business strategies. These are short
medium term tactics designed to put cash in your bank account
within the next 30 - 90 days.
1. Hire a salesperson. Or, if you already have salespeople,
hire another one. You may not be able to pay them a salary, so
make it for 100% commission, and make the commission generous.
And of course, pay their expenses. This will work best if you
have a sales process in place, and some kind of systemized
knowledge that will bring them up to speed quickly.
2. Get some sales training. The Sandler Selling System is
for simple sales. Mike Bosworths Customer Centric Selling is
great for complex sales. Of course there are many others, and
any good sales training program will get your sales off
whatever dime you are stuck on.
3. Start a referral program. This doesnt mean simply ask for
referrals, but do it routinely. Do it systematically. Have a
method to ask, and have a method to reward people who do
4. Add products to your back end. The costliest part is
new customers. Why not maximize your investment and sell those
customers additional products and services.
5. If you sell a service, consider adding products that
6. If you sell products, adding services is even easier.
7. If you sell free-form consulting, consider bundling
services into a "productized" form. Give it a name, make the
price fixed. Typically the "productizing" and fixed price
enables you to sell at higher prices than previously.
8. Raise your prices. Most people undervalue what they do and
charge way too little for it. And many others discount from
their "list" at the drop of a hat. Stop discounting, but if
must, always get something in exchange. Think tradeoffs. And
raise your rates for services and products both.
9. Joint ventures. Find people who have something you need,
like products, or customers and trade with them. Pool your
resources. Pool your time. Create something larger than either
of you. Make it a win-win.
10. Strategic alliances. How does this differ from above? A
strategic alliance partner is only involved in one aspect of
your business - in other words, they may source leads or
product. A joint venture partner is a deeper involvement.
work more closely on more aspects.
11. Referral fees. You probably make these referrals anyway.
Now get paid for them.
12. Affiliate programs. This is simply the systemized approach
to referral fees, and on the internet is THE way to do
13. Take your white papers or articles and collect them into a
special report which can be used for marketing purposes, or
sold outright as its own revenue center.
14. Sell a subscription to your service. Lock in the revenue
and accelerate the payments. Then give them special bonuses or
super-service for being subscribers, or members.
15. Create bundles out of all your existing products. Put
things together and offer special pricing. This may lower your
"per unit" revenue, but it will increase average transaction
size, as well as total revenue.
16. The Rolodex routine. This means going through your
name-by-name, and calling everyone who looks promising. For
something. For selling, for networking, for referrals, even
"how do you do."
17. Conduct a survey. Ask your client base questions. This
process will get you great information about your market, and
it will always bring you "unexpected" business.
18. Offer your services or products at a silent or charity
auction. While this wont bring in money immediately, it will
almost always expand your client base.
19. Offer to let key influencers give away some of your time,
20. If you have a service, consider turning your hard-one
expertise into an educational course. This could be an
e-course, a tele-course, printed home study course, even a
seminar or bootcamp.
21. Publish an ebook. Ebooks are a great way to promote your
business and generate quick revenue.
22. Speak, speak, speak. Especially if you are a master of
individual expertise, speaking is a sure-fire way to bring in
23. Write articles. Articles and speaking compliment each
perfectly. Not only write those articles, but get them
published. Anywhere you can.
24. Focus your market. Many people try to cover too much
ground. By becoming a noted expert in a tightly-defined market
niche, you can increase the power of all your marketing
efforts, bringing in more business for each marketing dollar
25. Shift into an adjacent market. Sometimes your market niche
is exhausted, and sometimes theyre just plain broke. A shift
into an adjacent market niche can bring you all kinds of new
(c) Paul Lemberg. All rights reserved
About The Author: Paul Lemberg is the president of Quantum
Growth Coaching, the world’s only fully systemized business
coaching program guaranteed to help entrepreneurs rapidly
create More Profits and More Life™.