By Stuart Simpson
Whatís new for the 2006 Corvette Z06?
First, the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette has been redesigned for the 2006-year model. It has enhanced features, but in this article I want to tell you specifically about the Z06 features to this model.
The Z06 is, of course, the fastest vette ever built. It will have a 500 horsepower 427 cubic inch engine with lightweight components. What does this mean in a 3130-pound car? It means superior performance beyond all other Corvettes. Estimated 0-60 in less than 4 seconds along with a sub 12-second quarter mile. Top speed is reported to be more than 190 MPH (on a closed race track of course).
What makes this new Corvette so much better? Several components:
- 500-hp/475 lb.-ft torque
- 7000 RPM redline
- 11.0:1 Compression
- Titanium connecting rods
- Titanium intake valves and pushrods
- Hand built engine
- Dry sump lubrication
- Aluminum body structure
- Carbon fiber front fenders
- Magnesium front cradle
- Fixed roof design for rigidity
- Larger grill and cold air intake scoop
- Wide rear fenders and a rear spoiler incorporated into the tail of the car
- Larger cross-drilled front and rear disc brakes
- Larger wheels and tires
- 3Ē exhaust
- Light weight seats with fixed side bolsters
- Bose audio with an in dash six CD changer
- Polished wheels
- Telescoping steering wheel
- Heated seats
- Navigation system
- XM Satellite Radio
All in all, this is going to be one of the best Corvettes Chevrolet has ever offered. I canít wait to see one.
About The Author
Stuart Simpson collects pictures of the new C6 corvette. If you have any you'd like posted on the web site, contact me. http://www.corvette-links.com/c6%20corvettes/